AW: Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem


Jun 17, 2014

 


----------------------------

#19075 Jun 17, 2014

Hi Patrick, With your latest MultiPSK, I am getting over 3600 frames per minute and around that number of decodes per minute. I had hoped to write something to display the incoming traffic with aircraft registrations etc like my other Display-Launcher modules, but this rate of traffic is far too much for Visual Basic 6 to handle   Regards, Mike SimpsonPenrith, NSW, Australiawww.rstools.info---------------Hello Shawn,

Nothing can be seen in the waterfall as it is as noise.

>If I exit MultiPSK and run RTL1090, I get >40 messages/second. Did this soft really displays 40 messages/sec? It seems really incredible.

73Patrick



----------------------------

#19079 Jun 18, 2014

Hello Mike,  >3600 frames per minuteIt is quite enormous!  >I had hoped to write something to display the incoming traffic with aircraft registrations etc like my other Display-Launcher modules, but this rate ofHowever, I leave a CHR(12) at the end of each mode S frame as in VDL2, for if in the future you find a solution.  73Patrick  De : multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com] Envoy. : mercredi 18 juin 2014 00:02. : multipsk@yahoogroups.comObjet : Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem



----------------------------

#19092 Jun 19, 2014

Hi Andy, It does not appear to work with MultiPSK, I don't know if this is because the port number is 30003 whereas MultiPSK is limited to ports 3121-3132 or because the format of the output from MultiPSK is not correct for this software. Regards, Mike SimpsonPenrith, NSW, Australiawww.rstools.info ---------------Does this free piece of software help in mapping the coverage?I've used it with an RTL dongle and dump 1090/PlanePlotter but I've not tried it with MultiPSK yet.Could be useful.

Andy



----------------------------

#19093 Jun 19, 2014

Hi Mike

You can change the port number in SBSplotter, just click on it and type in the port you need but as you say I don't know if the format is the same. I've found it really useful for comparing antennas etc.

Andy



----------------------------

#19107 Jun 21, 2014

Hello Andy and all,  I confirm that if a piece of software is not expected to receive Multipsk data in ADSB, there is no reason that the format be the same (even if the TCP port number is correct).Up to now there is no soft able to interface to Multipsk in ADSB.  73Patrick  De : multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com] Envoy. : vendredi 20 juin 2014 08:47. : multipsk@yahoogroups.comObjet : Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem



----------------------------

#19108 Jun 21, 2014

Patrick,Does that mean that Plane Plotter, the program mentioned in the help file for the TCP/IP connection, will someday work with the ADS-B output of MultiPSK? Jim



----------------------------

#19111 Jun 21, 2014

I will try to add support for the MultiPSK ADS-B format in

PlanePlotter as soon as possible.





Bev

COAA





At 10:36 21/06/2014, you wrote: >Does that mean that Plane Plotter, the program mentioned in the help

>file for the TCP/IP connection, will someday work with the ADS-B

>output of MultiPSK?



----------------------------

#19113 Jun 21, 2014

If i understand the whole adsb stuff correct you just have to use the raw

data instead of the decoded clear text via a port ...



Then multipsk would act like rtl1090 or a beast or similar thingy



And then any adsb softwatre should work with it (just select correct

portnumber)



Dg9bfc



Sigi





> -----Urspr.ngliche Nachricht-----

> Von: multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com]

> Gesendet: Samstag, 21. Juni 2014 10:25

> An: multipsk@yahoogroups.com

> Betreff: RE: Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem

>

>

>

> Hello Andy and all,

>

>

>

> I confirm that if a piece of software is not expected to receive Multipsk

> data in ADSB, there is no reason that the format be the same (even if the

> TCP port number is correct).

>

> Up to now there is no soft able to interface to Multipsk in ADSB.

>

>

>

> 73

>

> Patrick

>

>

>

> De : multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com]

> Envoy. : vendredi 20 juin 2014 08:47

> . : multipsk@yahoogroups.com

> Objet : Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Andy,

>

>

>

> It does not appear to work with MultiPSK, I don't know if this is because

> the port number is 30003 whereas MultiPSK is limited to ports 3121-3132 or

> because the format of the output from MultiPSK is not correct for this

> software.

>

>

>

> Regards, Mike Simpson

>

> Penrith, NSW, Australia

>

> www.rstools.info

>

>

>

---------------

>

> Does this free piece of software help in mapping the coverage?

> I've used it with an RTL dongle and dump 1090/PlanePlotter but I've not

> tried it with MultiPSK yet.

> Could be useful.

>

> Andy

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>



----------------------------

#19120 Jun 22, 2014

Nice Bev,



73

Patrick



-----Message d'origine-----

De : multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com]

Envoy. : samedi 21 juin 2014 16:21

. : multipsk@yahoogroups.com

Objet : RE: Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem



I will try to add support for the MultiPSK ADS-B format in PlanePlotter as soon as possible.





Bev

COAA





At 10:36 21/06/2014, you wrote: >Does that mean that Plane Plotter, the program mentioned in the help

>file for the TCP/IP connection, will someday work with the ADS-B

>output of MultiPSK?









---------------

Posted by: Bev M Ewen-Smith bmes@...>

---------------





---------------



Yahoo Groups Links







----------------------------

#19122 Jun 22, 2014

Yes Sigi,



In "RAW" position, the data in hexa with CRC is sent to the soft, the soft

doing the decoding and the map display.



73

Patrick



-----Message d'origine-----

De.: multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com]

Envoy..: samedi 21 juin 2014 21:07

..: multipsk@yahoogroups.com

Objet.: AW: Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem



If i understand the whole adsb stuff correct you just have to use the raw

data instead of the decoded clear text via a port ...



Then multipsk would act like rtl1090 or a beast or similar thingy



And then any adsb softwatre should work with it (just select correct

portnumber)



Dg9bfc



Sigi





> -----Urspr.ngliche Nachricht-----

> Von: multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com]

> Gesendet: Samstag, 21. Juni 2014 10:25

> An: multipsk@yahoogroups.com

> Betreff: RE: Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem

>

>

>

> Hello Andy and all,

>

>

>

> I confirm that if a piece of software is not expected to receive

> Multipsk data in ADSB, there is no reason that the format be the same

> (even if the TCP port number is correct).

>

> Up to now there is no soft able to interface to Multipsk in ADSB.

>

>

>

> 73

>

> Patrick

>

>

>

> De : multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com] Envoy.

> : vendredi 20 juin 2014 08:47 . : multipsk@yahoogroups.com Objet :

> Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Andy,

>

>

>

> It does not appear to work with MultiPSK, I don't know if this is

> because the port number is 30003 whereas MultiPSK is limited to ports

> 3121-3132 or because the format of the output from MultiPSK is not

> correct for this software.

>

>

>

> Regards, Mike Simpson

>

> Penrith, NSW, Australia

>

> www.rstools.info

>

>

>

---------------

>

> Does this free piece of software help in mapping the coverage?

> I've used it with an RTL dongle and dump 1090/PlanePlotter but I've

> not tried it with MultiPSK yet.

> Could be useful.

>

> Andy

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>







---------------

Posted by: "siegfried jackstien" siegfried.jackstien@...>

---------------





---------------



Yahoo Groups Links



----------------------------

#19123 Jun 22, 2014

So it works exactly as rtl1090?? (decodes raw and sends that to mapping

software)



Dg9bfc



Sigi



> -----Urspr.ngliche Nachricht-----

> Von: multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com]

> Gesendet: Sonntag, 22. Juni 2014 19:13

> An: multipsk@yahoogroups.com

> Betreff: RE: Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem

>

>

>

> Yes Sigi,

>

> In "RAW" position, the data in hexa with CRC is sent to the soft, the soft

> doing the decoding and the map display.

>

> 73

> Patrick

>

> -----Message d'origine-----

> De : multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com]

> Envoy. : samedi 21 juin 2014 21:07

> . : multipsk@yahoogroups.com

> Objet : AW: Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem

>

> If i understand the whole adsb stuff correct you just have to use the raw

> data instead of the decoded clear text via a port ...

>

> Then multipsk would act like rtl1090 or a beast or similar thingy

>

> And then any adsb softwatre should work with it (just select correct

> portnumber)

>

> Dg9bfc

>

> Sigi

>

> > -----Urspr.ngliche Nachricht-----

> > Von: multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com]

> > Gesendet: Samstag, 21. Juni 2014 10:25

> > An: multipsk@yahoogroups.com

> > Betreff: RE: Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello Andy and all,

> >

> >

> >

> > I confirm that if a piece of software is not expected to receive

> > Multipsk data in ADSB, there is no reason that the format be the same

> > (even if the TCP port number is correct).

> >

> > Up to now there is no soft able to interface to Multipsk in ADSB.

> >

> >

> >

> > 73

> >

> > Patrick

> >

> >

> >

> > De : multipsk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:multipsk@yahoogroups.com] Envoy.

> > : vendredi 20 juin 2014 08:47 . : multipsk@yahoogroups.com Objet :

> > Re[2]: [multipsk] Mode S ADS-B Problem

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi Andy,

> >

> >

> >

> > It does not appear to work with MultiPSK, I don't know if this is

> > because the port number is 30003 whereas MultiPSK is limited to ports

> > 3121-3132 or because the format of the output from MultiPSK is not

> > correct for this software.

> >

> >

> >

> > Regards, Mike Simpson

> >

> > Penrith, NSW, Australia

> >

> > www.rstools.info

> >

> >

> >

---------------

> >

> > Does this free piece of software help in mapping the coverage?

> > I've used it with an RTL dongle and dump 1090/PlanePlotter but I've

> > not tried it with MultiPSK yet.

> > Could be useful.

> >

> > Andy

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

---------------

> Posted by: "siegfried jackstien" siegfried.jackstien@...>

---------------

>

---------------

>

> Yahoo Groups Links

>

>

>

>






S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g