Re: [MaxImDL] Re: Question about MaxImDL v2 CCD version


Apr 25, 2004

 


----------------------------

#10995 Apr 25, 2004

Does version 2 have the capability of using the ST-7 guiding chip

while the image is downloading?



Thanks,

-Phil



----------------------------

#11001 Apr 25, 2004

Phil Jones wrote:

> Does version 2 have the capability of using the ST-7 guiding chip

> while the image is downloading?



I suspect you're asking the wrong question. The shutter is closed

during main chip download, and the interface is busy downloading data,

so the autoguider sensor cannot operate at all.



If you're actually asking whether it could autoguide a series of

exposures, automatically resyncing the autoguider after every download,

then the answer is Yes. We pioneered that technique; it was in the very

first Version 1 MaxIm DL/CCD release.



Doug



---------------



Doug George

dgeorge@...



Diffraction Limited

Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

www.cyanogen.com



25 Conover Street

Ottawa, Ontario,

Canada, K2G 4C3



Phone: (613) 225-2732

Fax: (613) 225-9688



---------------



----------------------------

#11006 Apr 25, 2004

Doug,



Thx for the response. I recently asked a more experience CCD person

as to why I should upgrade to MaxIm and abandon CCDSoft. They cited

that with MaxIm, the guiding chip could guide simultaneously during

download, whereas CCDSoft cannot. From what your are saying, this is a

camera limitation, not a software limitation.



Thanks,

-Phil

--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas B. George" dgeorge@c...> wrote:

>

> I suspect you're asking the wrong question. The shutter is closed

> during main chip download, and the interface is busy downloading data,

> so the autoguider sensor cannot operate at all.

>

> If you're actually asking whether it could autoguide a series of

> exposures, automatically resyncing the autoguider after every download,

> then the answer is Yes. We pioneered that technique; it was in the

very

> first Version 1 MaxIm DL/CCD release.

>

> Doug

>

---------------

>

> Doug George

> dgeorge@c...

>

> Diffraction Limited

> Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

> www.cyanogen.com

>

> 25 Conover Street

> Ottawa, Ontario,

> Canada, K2G 4C3

>

> Phone: (613) 225-2732

> Fax: (613) 225-9688

>

---------------



----------------------------

#11020 Apr 26, 2004

Phil Jones wrote:

> Thx for the response. I recently asked a more experience CCD person

> as to why I should upgrade to MaxIm and abandon CCDSoft. They cited

> that with MaxIm, the guiding chip could guide simultaneously during

> download, whereas CCDSoft cannot. From what your are saying, this is a

> camera limitation, not a software limitation.



I suspect the message got garbled there somewhere. salesmode>

Nevertheless, there certainly are some good reasons to make the switch.

Can the competition process color images? How about Digital

Development Processing? etc... /salesmode>



Next Monday, when we launch Version 4, you'll be able to try out the new

full-function demo version. I suggest you give it a try.



Doug



---------------



Doug George

dgeorge@...



Diffraction Limited

Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

www.cyanogen.com



25 Conover Street

Ottawa, Ontario,

Canada, K2G 4C3



Phone: (613) 225-2732

Fax: (613) 225-9688



---------------



Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g