Re: Question about guide error log files with AO-7


Jul 4, 2004

 


----------------------------

#12694 Jul 4, 2004

Hi, I have an SBIG ST2000XM w/AO-7 and I was wondering if there is a way to log the

guidng errors to a file while guiding via the AO-7? I see that guiding without the AO-7

allows one to plot and save to a file the guide errors, but I cannot see how it is done when

using the A0-7- there does not seem to be such a feature. Any help would be appreciated.



Thanks



James



----------------------------

#12706 Jul 5, 2004

James,



There is currently no automatic way to do this. If you are comfortable

doing so, you can write a script that generates a log file: the

GuiderXError and GuiderYError properties work properly when an AO-7 is

connected. Look in the scripting section of the help for some info on

where to start.



Cheers,

Chris







jiprovi wrote:

> Hi, I have an SBIG ST2000XM w/AO-7 and I was wondering if there is a way

> to log the

> guidng errors to a file while guiding via the AO-7? I see that guiding

> without the AO-7

> allows one to plot and save to a file the guide errors, but I cannot see

> how it is done when

> using the A0-7- there does not seem to be such a feature. Any help would

> be appreciated.

>

> Thanks

>

> James

>

>

>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> ADVERTISEMENT

> us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12901tdll/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705082806:HM/EXP=1089040909/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*companion.yahoo.com>

>

>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>

> * To visit your group on the web, go to:

> groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxImDL/

>

> * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

> mailto:MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>

>

> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

> Service docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

>

>



----------------------------

#12707 Jul 5, 2004

jiprovi wrote:

> Hi, I have an SBIG ST2000XM w/AO-7 and I was wondering if there is a

> way to log the guidng errors to a file while guiding via the AO-7? I

> see that guiding without the AO-7 allows one to plot and save to a

> file the guide errors, but I cannot see how it is done when using the

> A0-7- there does not seem to be such a feature. Any help would be

> appreciated.



Sorry, the AO mode support that feature. We don't really want to load

down the processor with extra tasks during AO operation, since that will

slow it down.



Doug



---------------



Doug George

dgeorge@...



Diffraction Limited

Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

www.cyanogen.com



25 Conover Street

Ottawa, Ontario,

Canada, K2G 4C3



Phone: (613) 225-2732

Fax: (613) 225-9688



---------------



----------------------------

#12708 Jul 5, 2004

chris, thanks - maybe I will later give scripting a try



James

--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, Chris Creery ccreery@d...> wrote:

> James,

>

> There is currently no automatic way to do this. If you are

comfortable

> doing so, you can write a script that generates a log file: the

> GuiderXError and GuiderYError properties work properly when an AO-

7 is

> connected. Look in the scripting section of the help for some

info on

> where to start.

>

> Cheers,

> Chris

>

>

>

> jiprovi wrote:

>

> > Hi, I have an SBIG ST2000XM w/AO-7 and I was wondering if there

is a way

> > to log the

> > guidng errors to a file while guiding via the AO-7? I see that

guiding

> > without the AO-7

> > allows one to plot and save to a file the guide errors, but I

cannot see

> > how it is done when

> > using the A0-7- there does not seem to be such a feature. Any

help would

> > be appreciated.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > James

> >

> >

> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> > ADVERTISEMENT

> >

us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12901tdll/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011

76/D=groups/S=1705082806:HM/EXP=1089040909/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf

6/*companion.yahoo.com>

> >

> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> >

> > * To visit your group on the web, go to:

> > groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxImDL/

> >

> > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> > MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

> > mailto:MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?

subject=Unsubscribe>

> >

> > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

> > Service docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

> >

> >



----------------------------

#12709 Jul 5, 2004

Doug, that is too bad. Maybe I will give scripting a try to record

the guiding errors. I find that analyzing the guiding errors is

extremely helpful to optimizing guiding performance.



thanks



James



--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas B. George" dgeorge@c...>

wrote: > jiprovi wrote:

>

> > Hi, I have an SBIG ST2000XM w/AO-7 and I was wondering if there

is a > > way to log the guidng errors to a file while guiding via the AO-

7? I > > see that guiding without the AO-7 allows one to plot and save to

a > > file the guide errors, but I cannot see how it is done when

using the > > A0-7- there does not seem to be such a feature. Any help would be

> > appreciated.

>

> Sorry, the AO mode support that feature. We don't really want to

load > down the processor with extra tasks during AO operation, since

that will > slow it down.

>

> Doug

>

---------------

>

> Doug George

> dgeorge@c...

>

> Diffraction Limited

> Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

> www.cyanogen.com

>

> 25 Conover Street

> Ottawa, Ontario,

> Canada, K2G 4C3

>

> Phone: (613) 225-2732

> Fax: (613) 225-9688

>

---------------







Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g