Re: Progress bar problems (and USB)


Jul 7, 2004

 


----------------------------

#12724 Jul 7, 2004

Doug/Chris,



While working on a CCD driver for MaxImDL/CCD 4.01, I have noticed

that the timer for the exposure display and progress bar starts when

the Expose button is clicked, not when the camera starts exposing.



If the exposure is set to 3 Seconds and the camera reports that it is

flushing for 3 seconds before starting a 3 second exposure the

following is displayed (1 second updates):



Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

0.000 of 3.000 sec



Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

0.000 of 3.000 sec



Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

0.000 of 3.000 sec



Exposing Light .. 100% progress bar

3.000 of 3.000 sec



Reading CCD camera .. 100% progress bar

3.000 of 3.000 sec



Reading CCD camera .. 100% progress bar

3.000 of 3.000 sec



Downloading image .. progress bar moves to left

3.000 of 3.000 sec





If the exposure is set to 6 Seconds and the camera reports that it is

flushing for 3 seconds before starting a 3 second exposure the

following is displayed (1 second updates):



Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

0.000 of 6.000 sec



Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

0.000 of 6.000 sec



Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

0.000 of 6.000 sec



Exposing Light .. 50% progress bar

3.000 of 6.000 sec



Reading CCD camera .. 66% progress bar

4.000 of 6.000 sec



Reading CCD camera .. 83% progress bar

5.000 of 6.000 sec



Reading CCD camera .. 100% progress bar

6.000 of 6.000 sec



Downloading image .. progress bar moves to left

6.000 of 6.000 sec





cjb



----------------------------

#12740 Jul 9, 2004

cjb,



I've just confirmed this bug; it'll be fixed for 4.02.



Cheers,

Chris





cjb8832 wrote:

> Doug/Chris,

>

> While working on a CCD driver for MaxImDL/CCD 4.01, I have noticed

> that the timer for the exposure display and progress bar starts when

> the Expose button is clicked, not when the camera starts exposing.

>

> If the exposure is set to 3 Seconds and the camera reports that it is

> flushing for 3 seconds before starting a 3 second exposure the

> following is displayed (1 second updates):

>

> Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

> 0.000 of 3.000 sec

>

> Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

> 0.000 of 3.000 sec

>

> Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

> 0.000 of 3.000 sec

>

> Exposing Light .. 100% progress bar

> 3.000 of 3.000 sec

>

> Reading CCD camera .. 100% progress bar

> 3.000 of 3.000 sec

>

> Reading CCD camera .. 100% progress bar

> 3.000 of 3.000 sec

>

> Downloading image .. progress bar moves to left

> 3.000 of 3.000 sec

>

>

> If the exposure is set to 6 Seconds and the camera reports that it is

> flushing for 3 seconds before starting a 3 second exposure the

> following is displayed (1 second updates):

>

> Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

> 0.000 of 6.000 sec

>

> Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

> 0.000 of 6.000 sec

>

> Flushing CCD camera .. no progress bar

> 0.000 of 6.000 sec

>

> Exposing Light .. 50% progress bar

> 3.000 of 6.000 sec

>

> Reading CCD camera .. 66% progress bar

> 4.000 of 6.000 sec

>

> Reading CCD camera .. 83% progress bar

> 5.000 of 6.000 sec

>

> Reading CCD camera .. 100% progress bar

> 6.000 of 6.000 sec

>

> Downloading image .. progress bar moves to left

> 6.000 of 6.000 sec

>

>

> cjb

>

>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> ADVERTISEMENT

> us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129fj5gmi/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705082806:HM/EXP=1089342251/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*companion.yahoo.com>

>

>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>

> * To visit your group on the web, go to:

> groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxImDL/

>

> * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

> mailto:MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>

>

> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

> Service docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

>

>



----------------------------

#12751 Jul 9, 2004

How about the "Maxim won't sync on Vega or Altair" bug? Sometime

when you're testing under the stars maybe you could see if it's a

bug or something I'm messing up?---Mark





--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, Chris Creery ccreery@d...> wrote:

> cjb,

>

> I've just confirmed this bug; it'll be fixed for 4.02.

>

> Cheers,

> Chris

>



> >

> >







----------------------------

#12769 Jul 12, 2004

c8g11mx5c wrote:

> How about the "Maxim won't sync on Vega or Altair" bug? Sometime

> when you're testing under the stars maybe you could see if it's a

> bug or something I'm messing up?---Mark



It has to be the driver or the telescope mount itself. Make sure the

telescope mount knows the correct date/time, geographic location, and

time zone. It might think the star is below the horizon.



Doug



---------------



Doug George

dgeorge@...



Diffraction Limited

Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

www.cyanogen.com



25 Conover Street

Ottawa, Ontario,

Canada, K2G 4C3



Phone: (613) 225-2732

Fax: (613) 225-9688



---------------



----------------------------

#13434 Aug 22, 2004

I've moved to Maxim V4, but have issue in acquisition mode. I cannot get a progress bar although the Sequence function works and integration time is displayed and counted properly. Any ideas?



Clear Skies,



Paul



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#14022 Sep 30, 2004

I just bought Maxim last week and finially had a clear night to test

things. I downloaded the latest SBIG universal driver using their

driver downloder program.



Camera works fine, I just got to get use to all the new controls

compared to CCDSoft. One thing I noticed, maybe its suppose to be that

way in maxim, is my downloading frame progress bar is a full bar right

from the get go. It doesn't slowly increment as the download of the

frame increments.



I have the parallel port version of the ST-9E and it takes about 8 sec

to download but the blue bar is maxed right from the start.



Mack



----------------------------

#14026 Sep 30, 2004

mackjulian wrote:

> I just bought Maxim last week and finially had a clear night to test

> things. I downloaded the latest SBIG universal driver using their

> driver downloder program.

>

> Camera works fine, I just got to get use to all the new controls

> compared to CCDSoft. One thing I noticed, maybe its suppose to be that

> way in maxim, is my downloading frame progress bar is a full bar right

> from the get go. It doesn't slowly increment as the download of the

> frame increments.

>

> I have the parallel port version of the ST-9E and it takes about 8 sec

> to download but the blue bar is maxed right from the start.

>

> Mack



The "blue bar" progress indicator shows the progress of the exposure.

Once the exposure is complete, the bar is full. If you take a very

short exposure, it will just pop right to the end.



During readout, the exposure bar declines back to the left again, EXCEPT

we do not do that for some cameras. Why? Because it can generate

readout artifacts. The SBIG cameras do not have a frame store or buffer

of any kind, so any slight delay during the readout process causes a

slight jump in the amount of dark current in the line. This results in

faint background artifacts. Just painting the screen can cause that

sort of delay. Rather than risk minor image corruption, we disable all

display operations during the camera download.



Doug



---------------



Doug George

dgeorge@...



Diffraction Limited

Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

www.cyanogen.com



25 Conover Street

Ottawa, Ontario,

Canada, K2G 4C3



Phone: (613) 225-2732

Fax: (613) 225-9688



---------------



----------------------------

#14030 Sep 30, 2004

Doug, thanks for the reply! That answers my question. I was just

wondering if it operated differently. So many options and functions in

this package its going to take me a while to get use to it. Looks

anazing. Just wish I would get some good weather here in New Mexico to

play with it more. Real rainy here this year!



Mack

ABQ, New Mexico



--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas B. George" dgeorge@c...> wrote:

> mackjulian wrote:

>

> > I just bought Maxim last week and finially had a clear night to test

> > things. I downloaded the latest SBIG universal driver using their

> > driver downloder program.

> >

> > Camera works fine, I just got to get use to all the new controls

> > compared to CCDSoft. One thing I noticed, maybe its suppose to be that

> > way in maxim, is my downloading frame progress bar is a full bar right

> > from the get go. It doesn't slowly increment as the download of the

> > frame increments.

> >

> > I have the parallel port version of the ST-9E and it takes about 8 sec

> > to download but the blue bar is maxed right from the start.

> >

> > Mack

>

> The "blue bar" progress indicator shows the progress of the exposure.

> Once the exposure is complete, the bar is full. If you take a very

> short exposure, it will just pop right to the end.

>

> During readout, the exposure bar declines back to the left again,

EXCEPT

> we do not do that for some cameras. Why? Because it can generate

> readout artifacts. The SBIG cameras do not have a frame store or

buffer

> of any kind, so any slight delay during the readout process causes a

> slight jump in the amount of dark current in the line. This results in

> faint background artifacts. Just painting the screen can cause that

> sort of delay. Rather than risk minor image corruption, we disable all

> display operations during the camera download.

>

> Doug

>

---------------

>

> Doug George

> dgeorge@c...

>

> Diffraction Limited

> Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

> www.cyanogen.com

>

> 25 Conover Street

> Ottawa, Ontario,

> Canada, K2G 4C3

>

> Phone: (613) 225-2732

> Fax: (613) 225-9688

>

---------------







----------------------------

#16902 Mar 3, 2005

Because of the recent posts talking about Drivers and WinXP I thought

I'd post a question to more informed people than I. This is not a

MaximDL/CCD problem.



For some time now 'all' Progress Bars in my WinXP SP2 are not working.

I didn't really care that much until recently purchasing. I find I prefer a

graphical representation of exposure progress instead of squinting to read

the small print.



I've searched the MS KB for over two hrs the other day looking for

something which would give me a clue without success. Either the

information is not there, or more likely I'm not using ether proper

terminology. Would there be anyone out there who could point me in the

right direction? I'd gladly pay you a beer whenever you come to visit CAV.

Thkx...joe :)





"May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"



Joe Mize: jmize@...

StarFields Observatory www.cav-sfo.com

Chiefland, FL 29:24'33.4"N 82:51'37.7"W

Moon Phase: tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/phase.gif



----------------------------

#16903 Mar 3, 2005

Joe,



Try changing your desktop theme. Right click on desktop, select

Properties, set Theme to Windows Classic.



Doug



---------------



Doug George

dgeorge@...



Diffraction Limited

Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

www.cyanogen.com



25 Conover Street

Ottawa, Ontario,

Canada, K2G 4C3



Phone: (613) 225-2732

Fax: (613) 225-9688



---------------





joe wrote: > Because of the recent posts talking about Drivers and WinXP I thought

> I'd post a question to more informed people than I. This is not a

> MaximDL/CCD problem.

>

> For some time now 'all' Progress Bars in my WinXP SP2 are not working.

> I didn't really care that much until recently purchasing. I find I prefer a

> graphical representation of exposure progress instead of squinting to read

> the small print.

>

> I've searched the MS KB for over two hrs the other day looking for

> something which would give me a clue without success. Either the

> information is not there, or more likely I'm not using ether proper

> terminology. Would there be anyone out there who could point me in the

> right direction? I'd gladly pay you a beer whenever you come to visit CAV.

> Thkx...joe :)

>

>

> "May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"

>

> Joe Mize: jmize@...

> StarFields Observatory www.cav-sfo.com

> Chiefland, FL 29:24'33.4"N 82:51'37.7"W

> Moon Phase: tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/phase.gif



----------------------------

#16905 Mar 3, 2005

Doug, I prefer Classic mode. I've run in Classic mode since Win 3.11. Good try, but no beer. :))





"May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"



Joe Mize: jmize@...

StarFields Observatory www.cav-sfo.com

Chiefland, FL 29:24'33.4"N 82:51'37.7"W

Moon Phase: tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/phase.gif

----- Original Message -----

From: Douglas B. George

To: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:26 AM

Subject: Re: [MaxImDL] Progress Bar





Joe,



Try changing your desktop theme. Right click on desktop, select

Properties, set Theme to Windows Classic.



Doug



---------------



Doug George

dgeorge@...



Diffraction Limited

Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products

www.cyanogen.com



25 Conover Street

Ottawa, Ontario,

Canada, K2G 4C3



Phone: (613) 225-2732

Fax: (613) 225-9688



---------------





joe wrote:

> Because of the recent posts talking about Drivers and WinXP I thought

> I'd post a question to more informed people than I. This is not a

> MaximDL/CCD problem.

>

> For some time now 'all' Progress Bars in my WinXP SP2 are not working.

> I didn't really care that much until recently purchasing. I find I prefer a

> graphical representation of exposure progress instead of squinting to read

> the small print.

>

> I've searched the MS KB for over two hrs the other day looking for

> something which would give me a clue without success. Either the

> information is not there, or more likely I'm not using ether proper

> terminology. Would there be anyone out there who could point me in the

> right direction? I'd gladly pay you a beer whenever you come to visit CAV.

> Thkx...joe :)

>

>

> "May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"

>

> Joe Mize: jmize@...

> StarFields Observatory www.cav-sfo.com

> Chiefland, FL 29:24'33.4"N 82:51'37.7"W

> Moon Phase: tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/phase.gif





Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT











---------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:

groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxImDL/



b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







----------------------------

#16922 Mar 3, 2005

Joe



FWIW I had the same effect on my WIN XP system. I discovered by trial and error that if I set BOTH night vision in TheSky and night vision in MaxIm, the progress bar disappeared. Switch off TheSky night vision and it was back as usual.



It may have nothing to do with your problem but its worth a check.



Jan

Nottingham, England





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#16928 Mar 3, 2005

Thkx Jan, it has nothing to do with any program or night vision app. "All" progress bars, downloads included show the blank space but no moving colored progress whether or not night visionis active...joe :P





"May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"



Joe Mize: jmize@...

StarFields Observatory www.cav-sfo.com

Chiefland, FL 29:24'33.4"N 82:51'37.7"W

Moon Phase: tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/phase.gif

----- Original Message -----

From: Jan Rek

To: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:38 PM

Subject: Re: [MaxImDL] Progress Bar





Joe



FWIW I had the same effect on my WIN XP system. I discovered by trial and error that if I set BOTH night vision in TheSky and night vision in MaxIm, the progress bar disappeared. Switch off TheSky night vision and it was back as usual.



It may have nothing to do with your problem but its worth a check.



Jan

Nottingham, England





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT











---------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:

groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxImDL/



b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#16933 Mar 3, 2005

For XP: Right click on your desktop. Select Properties. Select Themes.

Click Save as... and name it My Saved Theme. Now select Windows Classic.

Switch to the Appearance tab. Under Windows and Buttons, select Windows

Classic Style. Under color scheme select Windows Classic.



Are you prog-bars there now?



If now, Go back to Desktop Properties/ Appearance and click Advanced...

Under Item select ToolTip. Are the BG and FG colors the same?



Some ideas....



-- Bob



--

Bob Denny

rdenny@...



DC-3 Dreams, SP

Makers of ACP and PinPoint

dc3.com/



----------------------------

#16939 Mar 4, 2005

Bob;



I'm in the middle of a system Bkup right now. You suggestion sounds similar to what the tech guy at my local ISP mentioned. I run WinClassic as a preference already and have saved my Theme. I have modified my Classic Color scheme to meet my preferences, (active-inactive Tital Bar fade colors, dropdowns etc), maybe something I changed in there affects the progress bar slider color. I'll try your suggestion as soon as the Bkup has finished. Crossing my fingers. Thkx...joe :)





"May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"



Joe Mize: jmize@...

StarFields Observatory www.cav-sfo.com

Chiefland, FL 29:24'33.4"N 82:51'37.7"W

Moon Phase: tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/phase.gif

----- Original Message -----

From: Bob Denny

To: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 12:03 AM

Subject: Re: [MaxImDL] Progress Bar





For XP: Right click on your desktop. Select Properties. Select Themes.

Click Save as... and name it My Saved Theme. Now select Windows Classic.

Switch to the Appearance tab. Under Windows and Buttons, select Windows

Classic Style. Under color scheme select Windows Classic.



Are you prog-bars there now?



If now, Go back to Desktop Properties/ Appearance and click Advanced...

Under Item select ToolTip. Are the BG and FG colors the same?



Some ideas....



-- Bob



--

Bob Denny

rdenny@...



DC-3 Dreams, SP

Makers of ACP and PinPoint

dc3.com/





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#16940 Mar 4, 2005

Bob;



It looks like you won that beer. :)



It appears I had my Selected Items the same color as my Tool Tip color. Now I can see the Browser Progress Bar downloading a page. I assume that change will also allow Maxim's progress Bar to also show. Thkx...joe :)





"May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"



Joe Mize: jmize@...

StarFields Observatory www.cav-sfo.com

Chiefland, FL 29:24'33.4"N 82:51'37.7"W

Moon Phase: tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/phase.gif

----- Original Message -----

From: Bob Denny

To: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 12:03 AM

Subject: Re: [MaxImDL] Progress Bar





For XP: Right click on your desktop. Select Properties. Select Themes.

Click Save as... and name it My Saved Theme. Now select Windows Classic.

Switch to the Appearance tab. Under Windows and Buttons, select Windows

Classic Style. Under color scheme select Windows Classic.



Are you prog-bars there now?



If now, Go back to Desktop Properties/ Appearance and click Advanced...

Under Item select ToolTip. Are the BG and FG colors the same?



Some ideas....



-- Bob



--

Bob Denny

rdenny@...



DC-3 Dreams, SP

Makers of ACP and PinPoint

dc3.com/









Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT











---------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:

groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxImDL/



b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

MaxImDL-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







----------------------------

#16948 Mar 4, 2005

It appears I had my Selected Items the same color as my Tool Tip color.

> Now I can see the Browser Progress Bar downloading a page.



It's sure easy to shoot yourself it the foot with all those settings :-)

> I assume that change will also allow Maxim's progress Bar to also show.



Yes.



-- Bob



--

Bob Denny

rdenny@...



DC-3 Dreams, SP

Makers of ACP and PinPoint

dc3.com/



----------------------------

#27460 Feb 4 1:52 AM

Hi,



I'm having problems with Maxim (v4.53, running on XP home, sony vaoi

latop) and my SXVF-H9 CCD.



I get lots of regular columns of bright dots. I unchecked the "show

progess during readout" box in the SX universal settings. It didn't

make any difference plus the progress bar still showed.



Can anybody help?



Cheers

Paul McGale



PS. Seems to be ok in Astroart & the SX software.



----------------------------

#27461 Feb 4 6:10 AM

Are they diagonal? I get the same on a Compaq Evo (with an older version of

Maxim) - someone told me it was a USB problem - I use an Artemis 285, and

the Artemis software works fine.







Unfortunately I don't know of a solution.







Cheers







Dunc







_____



From: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of

pm57uk

Sent: 04 February 2007 09:52

To: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [MaxImDL] Progress bar problems







Hi,



I'm having problems with Maxim (v4.53, running on XP home, sony vaoi

latop) and my SXVF-H9 CCD.



I get lots of regular columns of bright dots. I unchecked the "show

progess during readout" box in the SX universal settings. It didn't

make any difference plus the progress bar still showed.



Can anybody help?



Cheers

Paul McGale



PS. Seems to be ok in Astroart & the SX software.











[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#27466 Feb 4 1:01 PM

Hi Duncan,



They are vertical (or horizontal depend on you look at it).



Someone on another list suggested it might be due to the brand of USB

cable.



Cheers

Paul



--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, "Duncan Miller" beast@...> wrote:

>

> Are they diagonal? I get the same on a Compaq Evo (with an older

version of

> Maxim) - someone told me it was a USB problem - I use an Artemis

285, and

> the Artemis software works fine.

>

>

>

> Unfortunately I don't know of a solution.

>

>

>

> Cheers

>

>

>

> Dunc

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com] On

Behalf Of

> pm57uk

> Sent: 04 February 2007 09:52

> To: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com

> Subject: [MaxImDL] Progress bar problems

>

>

>

> Hi,

>

> I'm having problems with Maxim (v4.53, running on XP home, sony

vaoi

> latop) and my SXVF-H9 CCD.

>

> I get lots of regular columns of bright dots. I unchecked the "show

> progess during readout" box in the SX universal settings. It didn't

> make any difference plus the progress bar still showed.

>

> Can anybody help?

>

> Cheers

> Paul McGale

>

> PS. Seems to be ok in Astroart & the SX software.

>

>

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>



----------------------------

#27471 Feb 5 5:51 AM

Hi Paul:



Are you using a USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 port? I seem to recall that the SXVs

displayed more noise (like you're seeing) when used with a USB 1.0. I may

be mistaken about this. I added a USB 2.0 card to my computer for my SXV

and never looked back.







Clear Skies



Gregg







visit my astronomy page:



www.ruppel.darkhorizons.org



"Starlight - not streetlights"



_____



From: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of

pm57uk

Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 3:02 PM

To: MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [MaxImDL] Re: Progress bar problems









Hi Duncan,



They are vertical (or horizontal depend on you look at it).



Someone on another list suggested it might be due to the brand of USB

cable.



Cheers

Paul



--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups mailto:MaxImDL%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Duncan

Miller" beast@...> wrote: >

> Are they diagonal? I get the same on a Compaq Evo (with an older

version of > Maxim) - someone told me it was a USB problem - I use an Artemis

285, and > the Artemis software works fine.

>

>

>

> Unfortunately I don't know of a solution.

>

>

>

> Cheers

>

>

>

> Dunc

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: MaxImDL@yahoogroups mailto:MaxImDL%40yahoogroups.com> .com

[mailto:MaxImDL@yahoogroups mailto:MaxImDL%40yahoogroups.com> .com] On

Behalf Of > pm57uk

> Sent: 04 February 2007 09:52

> To: MaxImDL@yahoogroups mailto:MaxImDL%40yahoogroups.com> .com

> Subject: [MaxImDL] Progress bar problems

>

>

>

> Hi,

>

> I'm having problems with Maxim (v4.53, running on XP home, sony

vaoi > latop) and my SXVF-H9 CCD.

>

> I get lots of regular columns of bright dots. I unchecked the "show

> progess during readout" box in the SX universal settings. It didn't

> make any difference plus the progress bar still showed.

>

> Can anybody help?

>

> Cheers

> Paul McGale

>

> PS. Seems to be ok in Astroart & the SX software.

>

>

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>











[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







----------------------------

#27473 Feb 5 8:35 AM

Hi Gregg,



Good hear from you.



Yip, I have a USB2.0 card on my laptop. It has run fine for the 2

years with the SXV, however, I've just had the camera upgraded to an

SXVF. My cables or whatever don't seem to like the faster download

of the SXVF cf the SXV.



Cheers

Paul

--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg Ruppel" ruppelgl@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Paul:

>

> Are you using a USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 port? I seem to recall that the

SXVs

> displayed more noise (like you're seeing) when used with a USB

1.0. I may

> be mistaken about this. I added a USB 2.0 card to my computer for

my SXV

> and never looked back.

>

>

>

> Clear Skies

>

> Gregg

>

>



----------------------------

#27478 Feb 6 2:12 PM

Hi Paul,



Good to see you both! I understood from Terry that there would be

choice of downloading at a higher or lower speed with the new SXVF

cameras. Is this a feature you can try in Maxim? Also, have you

tried downloading with just the shorter supplied USB cable to compare

to?



Gregg was right about the USB artifacts. There were actually 2

visual artifacts I saw from using USB1.1 with the SX USB2 cameras.

One was the evenly spaced dots and the other was a vertical bandings

of alternating brighter and darker regions evenly spaced across the

image (only a handful of pixels wide). It is typically visible on

fainter regions that have been strongly stretched. In fact, I still

see this on occasion on images from cameras that don't have a USB2

interface or those only using computers with USB1.1 inputs. My

monitor at home is set on the bright side, hence it is easier to spot!



Take care,



Alan

www.heavenlyview.com/

--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, "pm57uk" ast57@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Gregg,

>

> Good hear from you.

>

> Yip, I have a USB2.0 card on my laptop. It has run fine for the 2

> years with the SXV, however, I've just had the camera upgraded to

an

> SXVF. My cables or whatever don't seem to like the faster download

> of the SXVF cf the SXV.

>

> Cheers

> Paul

>

> --- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg Ruppel" ruppelgl@> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Paul:

> >

> > Are you using a USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 port? I seem to recall that

the

> SXVs

> > displayed more noise (like you're seeing) when used with a USB

> 1.0. I may

> > be mistaken about this. I added a USB 2.0 card to my computer

for

> my SXV

> > and never looked back.

> >

> >

> >

> > Clear Skies

> >

> > Gregg

> >

> >

>



----------------------------

#27490 Feb 7 6:16 AM

Hi Alan,



I haven't noticed there being an option of chosing a download speed,

and its not something I've heard mentioned before. Certainly might

solve a bunch of problems if it was a feature, it seems as if the

higher the download speed the more sensitive things are to equipment.



Yes, the shorter USB cable is better though the bias has quite a

strong gradient (I can see a bit of banding on a hard stretch too)

and I've noticed tails on stars.



Its not much fun 'cos we are in a rare spell of clear weather here..



Cheers

Paul

--- In MaxImDL@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Chen" achen@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Paul,

>

> Good to see you both! I understood from Terry that there would be

> choice of downloading at a higher or lower speed with the new SXVF

> cameras. Is this a feature you can try in Maxim? Also, have you

> tried downloading with just the shorter supplied USB cable to

compare

> to?

>

> Gregg was right about the USB artifacts. There were actually 2

> visual artifacts I saw from using USB1.1 with the SX USB2 cameras.

> One was the evenly spaced dots and the other was a vertical

bandings

> of alternating brighter and darker regions evenly spaced across the

> image (only a handful of pixels wide). It is typically visible on

> fainter regions that have been strongly stretched. In fact, I

still

> see this on occasion on images from cameras that don't have a USB2

> interface or those only using computers with USB1.1 inputs. My

> monitor at home is set on the bright side, hence it is easier to

spot!

>

> Take care,

>

> Alan

> www.heavenlyview.com/



Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g