VintageBigBlue.org

 

Re: PC Serial Cable


Jan 24, 2002

 


----------------------------

#8144 Jan 24, 2002

Does anyone know of a store bought PC Serial Cable that will work with

the Gemini System?







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#8146 Jan 25, 2002

Anacortes lists one on their web site at the following link for $30:



www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?pid=3246



----- Original Message -----

From: "Michael Downing" michael@...>

To: Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com>

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 10:08 PM

Subject: [Losmandy_users] PC Serial Cable





> Does anyone know of a store bought PC Serial Cable that will work with

> the Gemini System?

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

>

>

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> Losmandy_users-unsubscribe@egroups.com

>

>

>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

>

>

>



----------------------------

#8147 Jan 25, 2002

Thank You.



-----Original Message-----

From: William Wyckoff [mailto:wwyckoff@...]

Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 5:26 AM

To: Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Re: [Losmandy_users] PC Serial Cable



Anacortes lists one on their web site at the following link for $30:



www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?pid=3246



----- Original Message -----

From: "Michael Downing" michael@...>

To: Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com>

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 10:08 PM

Subject: [Losmandy_users] PC Serial Cable





> Does anyone know of a store bought PC Serial Cable that will work with

> the Gemini System?

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

>

>

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> Losmandy_users-unsubscribe@egroups.com

>

>

>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

>

>

>











Yahoo! Groups Sponsor





rd.yahoo.com/M=153641.1824646.3335993.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705

082806:HM/A=919274/R=0/* ---Links-Are-Forbidden--- []

_____







us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=153641.1824646.3335993.1261774/D=egrou

pmail/S=1705082806:HM/A=919274/rand=545076125>



To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

Losmandy_users-unsubscribe@egroups.com







Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!

docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Service.





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#8166 Jan 26, 2002

Not that I know of. What I had to do was this: bought an RJ-11

straight handset extension cord, cut off one end (RJ-11 connector)

and crimped a 6-conductor (RJ-??) on the wire. Go to your local

electronics store and buy a DB-15 to RJ-?? female connector. The RJ

connector is built into the rear of the connector hood. Make sure it

is the same physical width as the RJ connector you are plugging into

it. For some reason, they make various pin counts and widths and call

it the same. Sorta like the RS-232 "standard".Follow the layout

diagram in the Gemini docs for pin placement in the shell. It is

simple.



Any help?



Ev Southwick --- In Losmandy_users@y..., "Michael Downing" michael@s...> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a store bought PC Serial Cable that will work

with

> the Gemini System?

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#8168 Jan 26, 2002

Where did you find a straight handset extension?



All I can find are the coiled ones.



Regards,

--- In Losmandy_users@y..., "astro314159" cesout@g...> wrote:

> Not that I know of. What I had to do was this: bought an RJ-11

> straight handset extension cord, cut off one end (RJ-11 connector)

> and crimped a 6-conductor (RJ-??) on the wire. Go to your local

> electronics store and buy a DB-15 to RJ-?? female connector. The RJ

> connector is built into the rear of the connector hood. Make sure it

> is the same physical width as the RJ connector you are plugging into

> it. For some reason, they make various pin counts and widths and

call

> it the same. Sorta like the RS-232 "standard".Follow the layout

> diagram in the Gemini docs for pin placement in the shell. It is

> simple.

>

> Any help?

>

> Ev Southwick

> --- In Losmandy_users@y..., "Michael Downing" michael@s...> wrote:

> > Does anyone know of a store bought PC Serial Cable that will work

> with

> > the Gemini System?

> >

> >

> >

> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#8170 Jan 26, 2002

--- In Losmandy_users@y..., "cjl023" james.lacey@m...> wrote: > Where did you find a straight handset extension?

>

> All I can find are the coiled ones.

>

> Regards,

>



Digikey is one source.



Tim







Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g