VintageBigBlue.org

 

Re: Pacing the floor


Apr 26, 2002

 


----------------------------

#9947 Apr 26, 2002

I've just ordered a G-11....and I understand it will be a few weeks

before new G-11's/Gemini's arrive at the dealers. So I patiently

(impatiently) wait.



It is my understanding that Scott Losmandy had done a re-work of the

gears, and supposedly better tracking/guiding. Antone know if this

is the case...or any further info to lend ?



Also..I'll be using an STV with the Gemini.....and I have heard

conflicting advice as to wether or not the STV autoguide cable plugs

right into the gemini with no problems, or if a special cable needs

made. Any info would be appreciated !



Also...Im upgrading from my LX mount...which I deemed as unguidable,

after lots of attempted tweeking.....so any encouraging words from

you experienced users on how the G-11 guides would be appreciated

also! (particularly with an STV)



Thanks all,

Rick



----------------------------

#9948 Apr 26, 2002

Hi Rick I can't answer all your questions but I use an STV with my

Gemini and it works right out of the box

Just plug it right in.



Michael





-----Original Message-----

From: astronorick [mailto:animate@...]

Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 8:07 PM

To: Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [Losmandy_users] Pacing the floor



I've just ordered a G-11....and I understand it will be a few weeks

before new G-11's/Gemini's arrive at the dealers. So I patiently

(impatiently) wait.



It is my understanding that Scott Losmandy had done a re-work of the

gears, and supposedly better tracking/guiding. Antone know if this

is the case...or any further info to lend ?



Also..I'll be using an STV with the Gemini.....and I have heard

conflicting advice as to wether or not the STV autoguide cable plugs

right into the gemini with no problems, or if a special cable needs

made. Any info would be appreciated !



Also...Im upgrading from my LX mount...which I deemed as unguidable,

after lots of attempted tweeking.....so any encouraging words from

you experienced users on how the G-11 guides would be appreciated

also! (particularly with an STV)



Thanks all,

Rick













Yahoo! Groups Sponsor





ADVERTISEMENT



rd.yahoo.com/M=178320.2025945.3499726.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705

082806:HM/A=879171/R=0/* ---Links-Are-Forbidden---





us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=178320.2025945.3499726.1261774/D=egrou

pmail/S=1705082806:HM/A=879171/rand=603962003>



To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

Losmandy_users-unsubscribe@egroups.com







Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!

docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Service.





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#9949 Apr 26, 2002

Thanks Michael....





--- In Losmandy_users@y..., "Michael Downing" michael@s...> wrote:

> Hi Rick I can't answer all your questions but I use an STV with my

> Gemini and it works right out of the box

> Just plug it right in.

>

> Michael

>

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: astronorick [mailto:animate@v...]

> Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 8:07 PM

> To: Losmandy_users@y...

> Subject: [Losmandy_users] Pacing the floor

>

> I've just ordered a G-11....and I understand it will be a few

weeks

> before new G-11's/Gemini's arrive at the dealers. So I patiently

> (impatiently) wait.

>

> It is my understanding that Scott Losmandy had done a re-work of

the

> gears, and supposedly better tracking/guiding. Antone know if this

> is the case...or any further info to lend ?

>

> Also..I'll be using an STV with the Gemini.....and I have heard

> conflicting advice as to wether or not the STV autoguide cable

plugs

> right into the gemini with no problems, or if a special cable

needs

> made. Any info would be appreciated !

>

> Also...Im upgrading from my LX mount...which I deemed as

unguidable,

> after lots of attempted tweeking.....so any encouraging words from

> you experienced users on how the G-11 guides would be appreciated

> also! (particularly with an STV)

>

> Thanks all,

> Rick

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>

>

> ADVERTISEMENT

>

>

rd.yahoo.com/M=178320.2025945.3499726.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1

705

> 082806:HM/A=879171/R=0/* ---Links-Are-Forbidden---

>

>

> us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?

M=178320.2025945.3499726.1261774/D=egrou

> pmail/S=1705082806:HM/A=879171/rand=603962003>

>

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> Losmandy_users-unsubscribe@e...

>

>

>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!

> docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Service.

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g