VintageBigBlue.org

 

Re: Ovision, she has arrived!


Mar 25, 2009

 


----------------------------

#42269 Mar 25, 2009

It's here! I waited over 2 months but it's finally here!!!!!



OK, so I look at the weather for this weekend...



Isn't it a law? Rain is predicted for both days of the weekend.



Actually, it's a chance of rain so it's likely I can still do the work in the shed. I just won't be able to test it until the next weekend (I hope).



Anyway, everything is here and all I need is a little time to get it done.



Later.



----------------------------

#42270 Mar 25, 2009

Cheers Tom, now we all suffer cloudy weather for the next 2 weeks ;o)



I wonder if we can get everyone together at a giant G11/Gemini meet and

upgrade all the mounts at the same time, then 2 weeks later it's clear skies

for the rest of the year.



Regard Badger

----- Original Message -----

From: "Tom Picciani" tpicciani@...>

To: Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com>

Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:40 PM

Subject: [Losmandy_users] Ovision, she has arrived!





> It's here! I waited over 2 months but it's finally here!!!!!

>

> OK, so I look at the weather for this weekend...

>

> Isn't it a law? Rain is predicted for both days of the weekend.

>

> Actually, it's a chance of rain so it's likely I can still do the work in

> the shed. I just won't be able to test it until the next weekend (I hope).

>

> Anyway, everything is here and all I need is a little time to get it done.

>

> Later.

>

>

>

---------------

>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>

>

>





---------------







No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.27/2021 - Release Date: 03/24/09

16:00:00



----------------------------

#42271 Mar 25, 2009

You know, I go to 4-5 star parties a year, most often in Cherry Springs State Park in northern Pa. Been doing star parties in the northeast for the last 19 years. In all that time I've seen a lot more rain that stars. But last year, for 5 nights straight, I got pristine nights in the darkest location in the northeast! Even then things didn't go perfect. But in a way, evne that was a blessing. On those nights I got moisture trapped in my SCT tube that I couldn't get out. So I moved to my Stellarvue 80 and took some of the best shots of M42, M33, and NGC 253 I've ever grabbed.



I guess eventually, it all pays off.





Later!



--- In Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com, "Badger" david.mercer@...> wrote:

>

> Cheers Tom, now we all suffer cloudy weather for the next 2 weeks ;o)

>

> I wonder if we can get everyone together at a giant G11/Gemini meet and

> upgrade all the mounts at the same time, then 2 weeks later it's clear skies

> for the rest of the year.

>

> Regard Badger

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: "Tom Picciani" tpicciani@...>

> To: Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com>

> Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:40 PM

> Subject: [Losmandy_users] Ovision, she has arrived!

>

>

> > It's here! I waited over 2 months but it's finally here!!!!!

> >

> > OK, so I look at the weather for this weekend...

> >

> > Isn't it a law? Rain is predicted for both days of the weekend.

> >

> > Actually, it's a chance of rain so it's likely I can still do the work in

> > the shed. I just won't be able to test it until the next weekend (I hope).

> >

> > Anyway, everything is here and all I need is a little time to get it done.

> >

> > Later.

> >

> >

> >

---------------

> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> >

> >

> >

>

>

---------------

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.27/2021 - Release Date: 03/24/09

> 16:00:00

>



----------------------------

#42272 Mar 25, 2009

Hey, I had to pay with 2 1/2 months of bad weather for my new filters, so you are due for the Ovision! ;^)

Floyd --- In Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Picciani" tpicciani@...> wrote:

>

> It's here! I waited over 2 months but it's finally here!!!!!

>

> OK, so I look at the weather for this weekend...

>

> Isn't it a law? Rain is predicted for both days of the weekend.

>

> Actually, it's a chance of rain so it's likely I can still do the work in the shed. I just won't be able to test it until the next weekend (I hope).

>

> Anyway, everything is here and all I need is a little time to get it done.

>

> Later.

>



----------------------------

#42274 Mar 25, 2009

Well, I got a lot of things going against me. Let's see. I just bought and received:



An Ovision Worm. $525

An Optec TCF-S focuser $600

A pair of McLennan gearboxes $70



Also, I'm making a 1 inch high light box to make flat frames. So I just got a piece of luminescent film from, you guessed it, luminescentfilm.com. $190



I'm waiting for a piece of milk white acrylic plastic.



So, I probably will be due a few days of rain. Just hope I can get it all together by the 3rd week of April. Anyone going to the Delmarva star party in Maryland?



Tom P.









--- In Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com, "Floyd Blue" fblue@...> wrote:

>

> Hey, I had to pay with 2 1/2 months of bad weather for my new filters, so you are due for the Ovision! ;^)

> Floyd

> --- In Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Picciani" tpicciani@> wrote:

> >

> > It's here! I waited over 2 months but it's finally here!!!!!

> >

> > OK, so I look at the weather for this weekend...

> >

> > Isn't it a law? Rain is predicted for both days of the weekend.

> >

> > Actually, it's a chance of rain so it's likely I can still do the work in the shed. I just won't be able to test it until the next weekend (I hope).

> >

> > Anyway, everything is here and all I need is a little time to get it done.

> >

> > Later.

> >

>







----------------------------

#42276 Mar 26, 2009

One year I went to the Summer Star Party in NW Mass. It hadn't rained in 3 months. In one week I think I personally ended the drought in 4 states!



There are 3 facts that I know about astronomy:



1. The clearest night of a star party is the night before you get there.

2. It never rains on the full moon weekend.

3. It always rains on new moon weekend.



:)



--- In Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K" pkane2001@...> wrote:

>

> Tom,

>

> I also live in the North East, and must ask you to abstain from making any new astro purchases: we have very few clear nights as is ;-)

>

> Good luck with all that new gear!

>

> Regards,

>

> -Paul

>

> --- In Losmandy_users@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Picciani" tpicciani@> wrote:

> >

> > Well, I got a lot of things going against me. Let's see. I just bought and received:

> >

> > An Ovision Worm. $525

> > An Optec TCF-S focuser $600

> > A pair of McLennan gearboxes $70

> >

> > Also, I'm making a 1 inch high light box to make flat frames. So I just got a piece of luminescent film from, you guessed it, luminescentfilm.com. $190

> >

> > I'm waiting for a piece of milk white acrylic plastic.

> >

> > So, I probably will be due a few days of rain. Just hope I can get it all together by the 3rd week of April. Anyone going to the Delmarva star party in Maryland?

> >

> > Tom P.

>



Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g