Re: [Coronado_PST] Re: New to group.


Dec 5, 2003

 


----------------------------

#7 Dec 5, 2003

--- In Coronado_PST@yahoogroups.com, "rthorn_astro" > I do expect

that it will be a while before we are in business. Astro > equipment lead times tends to be in dog years so who knows what

> January availability will end up meaning. I am going to try and

relax > about it.



Ron,

My confirmation email said January/February 2004. I think it could

be a while yet, I saw a post on the Astromart forum earlier this

week (now deleted) saying that the folks at Coronado were still

testing the prototype. I wish I would have copied that post, it had

lots of good info.



It will be easier for us to be patient, winter is coming on strong

for both of us.



DAve

www.dholt.us



----------------------------

#293 Jun 21, 2004

Hi Jim,



yes it is possible, either afocally or by eyepiece projection, you can see a

picture here (commercial page)

www.teleskop-service.de/Coronadoseiten/coronadovorschau.htm#PST

Look in the PST section, somewhat further down the page.

My PST is on its way, I'll certainly try some imaging with it!



Best regards,



Geert Vandenbulcke



_____



Van: JIM TEGERDINE [mailto:jtegerdine@...]

Verzonden: zaterdag 19 juni 2004 18:40

Aan: Coronado_PST@yahoogroups.com

Onderwerp: [Coronado_PST] NEW TO GROUP





Hello to all...

I'm new to the group, but over 9 years in astronomy. I live in the

great Northwest (35 miles north of Seattle). I have a 10"

Meade SCT (LX50), Astrovid 2000 ccd video cam, Astrovid Color

PlanetCam, off-axis solar filter, and K3CCD Tools, Registax and

Photoshop loaded in my computer. I have done alot of planet imaging

as well as the Sun. I'm interested in purchasing a PST (budget

constraints) and I am wondering if anyone has done any imaging with

it. I understand that it might be possible afocally. I checked the

photo and file section here, but no images. Thanks for the help. JIM









Yahoo! Groups Sponsor.



ADVERTISEMENT



us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kqqp1i/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr

oups/S=1705082856:HM/EXP=1087895927/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*www.

netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here.



us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=

:HM/A=2164339/rand=152443763> .



_____



Yahoo! Groups Links





*.To visit your group on the web, go to:

groups.yahoo.com/group/Coronado_PST/





*.To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

Coronado_PST-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

mailto:Coronado_PST-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>





*.Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service

docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .









[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#294 Jun 21, 2004

Coronado has an imaging page for each of our products.



www.coronadofilters.com/gallery.htm



Just click on PST.



Nicholas Ilka

Coronado Technology Group.





--- In Coronado_PST@yahoogroups.com, "Geert Vandenbulcke"

geert.vdbulcke@s...> wrote: > Hi Jim,

>

> yes it is possible, either afocally or by eyepiece projection, you

can see a > picture here (commercial page)

> www.teleskop-

service.de/Coronadoseiten/coronadovorschau.htm#PST > Look in the PST section, somewhat further down the page.

> My PST is on its way, I'll certainly try some imaging with it!

>

> Best regards,

>

> Geert Vandenbulcke

>

> _____

>

> Van: JIM TEGERDINE [mailto:jtegerdine@y...]

> Verzonden: zaterdag 19 juni 2004 18:40

> Aan: Coronado_PST@yahoogroups.com

> Onderwerp: [Coronado_PST] NEW TO GROUP

>

>

> Hello to all...

> I'm new to the group, but over 9 years in astronomy. I live in the

> great Northwest (35 miles north of Seattle). I have a 10"

> Meade SCT (LX50), Astrovid 2000 ccd video cam, Astrovid Color

> PlanetCam, off-axis solar filter, and K3CCD Tools, Registax and

> Photoshop loaded in my computer. I have done alot of planet imaging

> as well as the Sun. I'm interested in purchasing a PST (budget

> constraints) and I am wondering if anyone has done any imaging with

> it. I understand that it might be possible afocally. I checked the

> photo and file section here, but no images. Thanks for the help.

JIM >

>

>

>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor.

>

> ADVERTISEMENT

>

>

us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kqqp1i/M=298184.5022502.6152625.300117

6/D=gr >

oups/S=1705082856:HM/EXP=1087895927/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/* ---Links-Are-Forbidden--- > netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here.

>

> us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?

M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S= > :HM/A=2164339/rand=152443763> .

>

> _____

>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>

>

> *.To visit your group on the web, go to:

> groups.yahoo.com/group/Coronado_PST/

>

>

> *.To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> Coronado_PST-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

> mailto:Coronado_PST-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?

subject=Unsubscribe> >

>

> *.Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

Service > docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

>

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







----------------------------

#2512 May 10, 2005

--- In Coronado_PST@yahoogroups.com, M.rio Ramos

marioramos.ca2000@g...> wrote:

> I hope to learn some techniques with you in order to maximize PST's

> use.

> Take care.

>

> M.rio Ramos

> www.ca2000pt.com

> marioramos.ca2000@g...



Welcome Mario



I'm sure some will give you the best eyepieces you can use on the PST

and other ways to get your best view including double stacking and

when the best time to view is etc. But the best thing I did for my

PST was get a burgess binoviewer and the Siebert 1.3x PST corrector.

People talk a lot about what a binoviewer will do for Planets and the

moon but this seem to be even more true for the sun. Using 2 eyes

lets you look longer with more comfort then I find is possible with a

single eye. So I find binoviewing to be the single greatest

advancement to what I see in my case. YMMV. As you see in my

signiture block judging from my scopes that I am not a rich man, but

binoviewing with the PST makes me feel a lot richer. You will know

what a gem the PST is when you start to show it around to people you

know and hear the sounds of AWE come from their mouth. Many people

have no idea that something like the PST exist. People welcome to our

world. :^)



Jake



80mm ED refractor

6" Homemade dob

PST Coronado

Burgess Binoviewer

Siebert 1.3x PST OCA

Siebert Zero Magnification OCA



----------------------------

#2514 May 11, 2005

Hi Jake,

thank you for your opportune and precious tips.

I'm just waiting for a clear sky to enjoy my PST and share it with

everyone I know.

Wish you a wonderful day,



--

M.rio Ramos

marioramos.ca2000@...

webmaster@...

www.ca2000pt.com

www.ca2000.pt



> Welcome Mario

>

> I'm sure some will give you the best eyepieces you can use on the PST

> and other ways to get your best view including double stacking and

> when the best time to view is etc. But the best thing I did for my

> PST was get a burgess binoviewer and the Siebert 1.3x PST corrector.

> People talk a lot about what a binoviewer will do for Planets and the

> moon but this seem to be even more true for the sun. Using 2 eyes

> lets you look longer with more comfort then I find is possible with a

> single eye. So I find binoviewing to be the single greatest

> advancement to what I see in my case. YMMV. As you see in my

> signiture block judging from my scopes that I am not a rich man, but

> binoviewing with the PST makes me feel a lot richer. You will know

> what a gem the PST is when you start to show it around to people you

> know and hear the sounds of AWE come from their mouth. Many people

> have no idea that something like the PST exist. People welcome to our

> world. :^)

>

> Jake

>

> 80mm ED refractor

> 6" Homemade dob

> PST Coronado

> Burgess Binoviewer

> Siebert 1.3x PST OCA

> Siebert Zero Magnification OCA

>


S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g