Re: [ap-ug] Re: [ap-gto] Today's APOD


Dec 21, 2011

 


----------------------------

#58007 Dec 21, 2011

Rolando,



I have a complete web page prepared on the side waiting for a longer

focal length scope.



Feast on these gems involving the Einstein Ring:

www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/Bolton7-08/ and/or

www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/Bolton7-08/slacsdatamosaic_web.jpg

..... coordinates are the designations themselves in the latter link.



Anthony..



???? 12/21/2011 23:05, ?/? chris1011@... ??????: >

> Today's APOD:

>

> apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1112/lensshoe_hubble_900.jpg

>

> Dopes anyone know what object this is and where it is located? I woudl

> like

> to try imaging it.

>

> Rolando

>







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#58008 Dec 21, 2011

PS. Enjoy: arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0706/0706.2326v3.pdf



PPS. Rather than "galactic horseshoe" as per today's APOD, I think the

more common name is "cosmic horseshoe".



???? 12/21/2011 23:12, ?/? Anthony Ayiomamitis ??????: > Rolando,

>

> I have a complete web page prepared on the side waiting for a longer

> focal length scope.

>

> Feast on these gems involving the Einstein Ring:

> www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/Bolton7-08/ and/or

> www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/Bolton7-08/slacsdatamosaic_web.jpg

> ..... coordinates are the designations themselves in the latter link.

>

> Anthony..

>

> ???? 12/21/2011 23:05, ?/? chris1011@... ??????:

>>

>> Today's APOD:

>>

>> apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1112/lensshoe_hubble_900.jpg

>>

>> Dopes anyone know what object this is and where it is located? I

>> woudl like

>> to try imaging it.

>>

>> Rolando

>>

>







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#58009 Dec 21, 2011

Rolando,



Something along the same lines but even better known is Hoag's Galaxy in

Serpents which is (slightly) bigger than the "cosmic horseshoe".



Anthony.



???? 12/21/2011 23:19, ?/? Anthony Ayiomamitis ??????: > PS. Enjoy: arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0706/0706.2326v3.pdf

>

> PPS. Rather than "galactic horseshoe" as per today's APOD, I think the

> more common name is "cosmic horseshoe".

>

> ???? 12/21/2011 23:12, ?/? Anthony Ayiomamitis ??????:

>> Rolando,

>>

>> I have a complete web page prepared on the side waiting for a longer

>> focal length scope.

>>

>> Feast on these gems involving the Einstein Ring:

>> www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/Bolton7-08/ and/or

>> www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/Bolton7-08/slacsdatamosaic_web.jpg

>> ..... coordinates are the designations themselves in the latter link.

>>

>> Anthony..

>>

>> ???? 12/21/2011 23:05, ?/? chris1011@... ??????:

>>>

>>> Today's APOD:

>>>

>>> apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1112/lensshoe_hubble_900.jpg

>>>

>>> Dopes anyone know what object this is and where it is located? I

>>> woudl like

>>> to try imaging it.

>>>

>>> Rolando

>>>

>>

>







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#58010 Dec 21, 2011

What focal length are you looking for?





--Jeffrey

---------------

Jeffrey A. Steinberg

914-374-7503

On Dec 21, 2011, at 4:12 PM, Anthony Ayiomamitis anthony@...> wrote:



> Rolando,

>

> I have a complete web page prepared on the side waiting for a longer

> focal length scope.

>

> Feast on these gems involving the Einstein Ring:

> www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/Bolton7-08/ and/or

> www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/Bolton7-08/slacsdatamosaic_web.jpg

> ..... coordinates are the designations themselves in the latter link.

>

> Anthony..

>

> ???? 12/21/2011 23:05, ?/? chris1011@... ??????:

> >

> > Today's APOD:

> >

> > apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1112/lensshoe_hubble_900.jpg

> >

> > Dopes anyone know what object this is and where it is located? I woudl

> > like

> > to try imaging it.

> >

> > Rolando

> >

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

>





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#58012 Dec 21, 2011

You need Yuri to whip you up a MC250/20



On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Anthony Ayiomamitis anthony@...>wrote:



> **

>

>

> Jeffrey,

>

> Anything to replace my C14 and its 3910mm focal length. In other words,

> something around 3000-5000mm with a preference for the latter portion of

> this range.

>

> I may have something in the new year which is on hold at the moment

> (5000mm focal length).

>

> Anthony.

>

> .... 12/21/2011 23:52, ./. Jeffrey A. Steinberg ......:

>

>





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







----------------------------

#58013 Dec 21, 2011

No need. There is such a unit available right now in MINT condition

within Europe. I am waiting for something else to finalize next month. :-)



Anthony.



.... 12/22/2011 00:29, ./. Mike C ......: > You need Yuri to whip you up a MC250/20

>

>

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Anthony Ayiomamitisanthony@...>wrote:

>

>> **

>>

>>

>> Jeffrey,

>>

>> Anything to replace my C14 and its 3910mm focal length. In other words,

>> something around 3000-5000mm with a preference for the latter portion of

>> this range.

>>

>> I may have something in the new year which is on hold at the moment

>> (5000mm focal length).

>>

>> Anthony.

>>

>> .... 12/21/2011 23:52, ./. Jeffrey A. Steinberg ......:

>>

>>

>



----------------------------

#58014 Dec 21, 2011

In a message dated 12/21/2011 4:29:53 PM Central Standard Time,

mike@... writes:



> You need Yuri to whip you up a MC250/20

>



Field is too small. He needs a 300/12 or a 400/9



Rolando



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#58018 Dec 22, 2011

>

>

> Anybody we know making an 400/f9 ?????

>

> Anthony.

>

>

> www.rcopticalsystems.com/telescopes/16truss.html

>

>



----------------------------

#58020 Dec 22, 2011

Either the 16 or the 20 sits real sweet on top of a 3600GTO too!



Mag. 7 Skies!



Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.comwww.astro-physics.com/>

Please include this e-mail with your response.



P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.





From: ap-ug@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ap-ug@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tommack7882

Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:53 AM

To: ap-ug@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [ap-ug] Re: [ap-gto] Today's APOD







> >

>

> Anybody we know making an 400/f9 ?????

>

> Anthony.

>

>

> www.rcopticalsystems.com/telescopes/16truss.html

>

>







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#65466 Jun 22, 2013

Isn't a (MCT?) 400/9 is pushing the limits of even the 3600 mount if one expects to image at full resolution? How many sites even have seeing conditions to make that possible? Of course we could always add a AO gizmo to the train (oh joy!) and double down on the fun...



Seems like a smaller, faster instrument (300, f/5) would make more sense as an astrograph for amateurs. A 2.5X extender will get us to f/12.5, where we can long for a site on Mt. Wilson.



Jim M.

--- In ap-ug@yahoogroups.com, chris1011@... wrote:

>

> In a message dated 12/21/2011 4:29:53 PM Central Standard Time,

> mike@... writes:

>

>

> > You need Yuri to whip you up a MC250/20

> >

>

> Field is too small. He needs a 300/12 or a 400/9

>

> Rolando

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>



----------------------------

#65467 Jun 22, 2013

Jim,



The two options cited in Rolando's message below are much more along my

needs and preferences. As an aside, 3600mm focal length is not extreme

at all since it translates to about 0.40"/pixel with my ST-10XME and

quite a bit higher with my STL-11000XM.



Here is something at 0.58"/pixel and which was only meant to be a test

image: www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-5194.htm ... this is WITHOUT

the field flattener for the Mewlon.



I have the seeing to do work around 0.50" per pixel without too much

sweat. With my old C14 (3910 mm focal length), I had some really sweet

results.



Anthony.



???? 6/22/2013 16:50, ?/? gjwcac ??????: >

> Isn't a (MCT?) 400/9 is pushing the limits of even the 3600 mount if

> one expects to image at full resolution? How many sites even have

> seeing conditions to make that possible? Of course we could always add

> a AO gizmo to the train (oh joy!) and double down on the fun...

>

> Seems like a smaller, faster instrument (300, f/5) would make more

> sense as an astrograph for amateurs. A 2.5X extender will get us to

> f/12.5, where we can long for a site on Mt. Wilson.

>

> Jim M.

>

> --- In ap-ug@yahoogroups.com mailto:ap-ug%40yahoogroups.com>,

> chris1011@... wrote:

> >

> > In a message dated 12/21/2011 4:29:53 PM Central Standard Time,

> > mike@... writes:

> >

> >

> > > You need Yuri to whip you up a MC250/20

> > >

> >

> > Field is too small. He needs a 300/12 or a 400/9

> >

> > Rolando

> >

>







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g