Re: [ap-gto] A feature request for the THUM Integration


Jul 6, 2016

 


----------------------------

#53061 Jul 6, 2016

I recently bought a THUM to help make the pointing model even more accurate. It seems like a great device. Since I am having problems (unrelated to AP) with the other weather sensors in the observatory it would be helpful if I could get access to the humidity info from the THUM.�� I realize that APCC does not need that.�� Some thoughts

a. APCC could read and display the humidity in the Pointing Model page along with the temp

b. APCC and the THUM server could play nice and share the device

either would be fine.



----------------------------

#53063 Jul 6, 2016

Hi Rob,

> a. APCC could read and display the humidity in the Pointing Model page along with

> the temp



Hovering the mouse above the temperature box will show the humidity and dew point.

> b. APCC and the THUM server could play nice and share the device

>

> either would be fine.



As Marj said the THUM server only supports one connection at a time. However, one can query for temperature and humidity via APCC-specific extended commands through one of APCC's virtual ports, or through the AP V2 ASCOM driver. That's about as close to sharing the THUM as can be done and it's already implemented.



-Ray Gralak

Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc

Author of PEMPro: www.ccdware.com

Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: www.gralak.com/apdriver

Author of PulseGuide: www.pulseguide.com

Author of Sigma: www.gralak.com/sigma

> -----Original Message-----

> From: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ap-gto@yahoogroups.com]

> Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:29 AM

> To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com

> Subject: [ap-gto] A feature request for the THUM Integration

>

>

>

> I recently bought a THUM to help make the pointing model even more accurate. It

> seems like a great device. Since I am having problems (unrelated to AP) with the

> other weather sensors in the observatory it would be helpful if I could get access to

> the humidity info from the THUM. I realize that APCC does not need that. Some

> thoughts

>

> a. APCC could read and display the humidity in the Pointing Model page along with

> the temp

>

> b. APCC and the THUM server could play nice and share the device

>

> either would be fine.

>

>



----------------------------

#53064 Jul 6, 2016

Ray,�������� Question about those Virtual ports, that I have beenreluctant to ask.There are presently just three APCC virtual ports, but perhaps a potentialof that many or even more other devices like the mentioned THUM, which mightneed to .play nice, and share..�������� For example, my Kendrick Premier dew controller behavesthe same way as the THUM . won.t share with other apps to read from its serialport. So, I have to choose between two apps to run it; one has a nice Kendrickcontrol display, while another provides a missing and desirable logging filefunction.�������� Have you considered a way of perhaps implementing an.ADD More Virtual Ports. function, so a pull down list of ports could beexpanded if, or as needed?�������� If there are TWO programs to control or access somethinglike the THUM, do we waste TWO Virtual ports, one for each? How does one set upuse of virtual ports, in this example? It would be bad to have to lose more thanone port from the limited number in APCC.�������� Not urgent, since I doubt anyone has run out ofAPCC�� Virtual port candidates yet, but a possibility?��Joe Z.



Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g