Re: 600E GTO Servo Upgrade and Displayed Slew Rate


Sep 24, 2004

 


----------------------------

#10797 Sep 24, 2004

I recently upgraded my 600E GTO RA servo motor and gear box to

32:1. Additionally, I have also upgraded my keypad to version 4.12.

It was my understanding that the new rapid slew rates would be 460x,

580x, and 675x. However, the keypad still indicates that my

selections are 600x, 900x, and 1200x. I have made certain that the

keypad has been set to 600E. Have I done something wrong or is this

correct?



Sincerely,



Don Barar



----------------------------

#10798 Sep 24, 2004

In a message dated 9/24/2004 8:47:36 PM Central Daylight Time,

dgbarar@... writes:



> However, the keypad still indicates that my

> selections are 600x, 900x, and 1200x. I have made certain that the

> keypad has been set to 600E. Have I done something wrong or is this

> correct?

>



The keypad software does not change. It is always going to stay this way.

Just think of the three slew rates as being slow, medium amd fast.



Roland Christen





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



----------------------------

#10799 Sep 25, 2004

Hi Don,



I don't have an answer, but a question. What is the advantage of the

32:1 gearbox over the older 19.8:1 ratio? I've always wondered this

since I found that my 400GTO from 2000 is a 19.8:1 and not 32:1. I'm

a visual user with the 130mm EDT f8.35 refractor. Is it as simple as

more torque versus slweing speed?



Thanks,



Paul

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "dbarar" dgbarar@e...> wrote:

> I recently upgraded my 600E GTO RA servo motor and gear box to

> 32:1. Additionally, I have also upgraded my keypad to version

4.12.

> It was my understanding that the new rapid slew rates would be

460x,

> 580x, and 675x. However, the keypad still indicates that my

> selections are 600x, 900x, and 1200x. I have made certain that the

> keypad has been set to 600E. Have I done something wrong or is

this

> correct?

>

> Sincerely,

>

> Don Barar



----------------------------

#10800 Sep 26, 2004

Dear Paul:



Unfortunately, my RA sevo motor failed. The replacement path also

included the 32:1 gear ratio for both the RA and DEC. It is my

understanding this replacement combination has higher torque than the

original design.



Don Barar

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Wilson" phemmerich@y...> wrote:

> Hi Don,

>

> I don't have an answer, but a question. What is the advantage of

the

> 32:1 gearbox over the older 19.8:1 ratio? I've always wondered this

> since I found that my 400GTO from 2000 is a 19.8:1 and not 32:1.

I'm

> a visual user with the 130mm EDT f8.35 refractor. Is it as simple

as

> more torque versus slweing speed?

>

> Thanks,

>

> Paul

>

> --- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "dbarar" dgbarar@e...> wrote:

> > I recently upgraded my 600E GTO RA servo motor and gear box to

> > 32:1. Additionally, I have also upgraded my keypad to version

> 4.12.

> > It was my understanding that the new rapid slew rates would be

> 460x,

> > 580x, and 675x. However, the keypad still indicates that my

> > selections are 600x, 900x, and 1200x. I have made certain that

the

> > keypad has been set to 600E. Have I done something wrong or is

> this

> > correct?

> >

> > Sincerely,

> >

> > Don Barar



Contact Us
This Site's Privacy Policy
Google's privacy policies

S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g